Wednesday, September 16, 2026

I'm Writing a Book

 

I've written a lot of things on this blog over the years. Some of it I still believe today. This blog has always given me a place to talk about baseball, coaching, leadership and whatever else happened to be on my mind.

For the last several months, I've been working on something much bigger.

I'm writing a book.

It's called Coaching Through the Storm.

I've thought about writing a book for years, but thinking about writing one and actually sitting down and doing it are two very different things. The manuscript is now more than 40,000 words. I've been working through it chapter by chapter, trying to make sure I tell the story the right way and, more importantly, tell it honestly.

I'm not going to say much more about what's in it yet.

What I will say is that writing it has made me look back at this blog differently.

When I started Gedman Baseball, I thought I was just writing about the game. I wrote about hitting, pitching, coaching, competing, confidence, failure and whatever I believed about baseball at that particular moment in my life. I never thought those posts would someday become a record I could look back on while writing a book.

There are years of my life sitting on this website. You can see what I believed at different points in my career. You can see how some of those beliefs changed and how others never did. In some ways, the person I was then is still sitting right here in these old posts.

So I wanted the people who have followed this blog over the years to hear about the book here first. Some of you have been reading my stuff for a long time, and whether there are five of you left or five thousand, I appreciate the hell out of anyone who ever took the time to read something I wrote.

There will be more to share when the time is right.

For now, I have a book to finish.

Coaching Through the Storm.

Coming early 2027.

—Ged

No comments:

Post a Comment